Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall. Autumn. Whatever you call it, we're having a real one this year!

And I'll be honest, I've truly come to like my "2" seasoned San Diego. 

It was 46 degrees this morning.  46.  Do you hear what I am saying? 

I did wear pants and a sweatshirt, but I still wore my flip flops.  Take that New England "Fall."

Sadly tomorrow is the last day of summer and I am in mourning.  My flag is at half  mast, my windows are adorned with black.  My soul is crying...

Ok, maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but I honestly LOVE perpetual summer.  Le sigh.

I have what I have been assuming is a cold, and whole I still think I have a cold, I also think I have some kind of pollen allergy here.  Ugh, all these trees and grass and stuff.  Hahahaha. 

I need my sand and palm trees! 

I am excited to start planning our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch!  I just have to find the right one...Ooooh the hayrides and apple cider.  The photo opportunities!  In my mind this will be such a good time and we will have this memories forever.  In reality, I will say "what was I thinking?"  But in the end...it will be beautiful memories and lots of fun with some crazy "I-have-too-many-small-kids" moments.  Sweet Chaos!!!

My mom will be here in a few weeks too, so they kids will love that! 

So since we're coming up on this fun fall season, share with me your favorite Fall traditions and Halloween fun!! 

Please? 

1 comment:

  1. We loved taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. You're right, great photo ops. I should force them to go back with us now and take the same photos. Ha. We also went apple picking a few times, and that was great fun.

    Of course, my boys would most likely tell you that the best thing about fall is Halloween candy. We were very lax - we told them they could eat as much as they wanted on Halloween night, but if they threw up, they had to stop. After the Halloween gorging, they were content to just eat away at it a little at a time, so maybe in the long term it was a successful strategy. I don't ever remember either of them throwing up. My favorite part of Halloween was getting to eat all the dark chocolate candy out of their stash, as they both despised it.

    Now, when fall comes, I really look forward to watching my nephews play football - and to drinking my morning coffee out on the balcony while wearing a lovely sweater - which I have not yet done, because I am involved in a project at work which requires me to meet up with someone from another lab at 8 am and go look at female mice to see if they were impregnated overnight. Coffee is slurped hastily as I drive to work, not sipped leisurely on my balcony. I have hopes that the project will wrap up before it starts to snow.......

    ReplyDelete