Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gobble Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving.  A mere 4 days from now.  THANKSGIVING.  How did it get here again so quickly?

The family and I are headed up to Vermont Wednesday morning.  It will be great fun to see everyone.  But of course, with four little kids, any sort of trip requires planning of some magnitude.

I have done some grocery shopping, made lists, that have lists, gotten the roof top carrier down (thanks Jase!) and I have a staging area in the garage. 

I am so ready for some turkey, pecan pie, candied yams(!!!!) and some other yummy goodies.  I will also being hiking the mountain quite a bit so I can enjoy these treats!! 

Aside from the mind numbing, yummy food displays of Thanksgiving, it is a time for me to take stock of my life. 

I have so many things to be grateful for in my life.  Not only are my necessities taken care of, I have been blessed by so much more.  I am reminded in this time of year, of how much I am  truly blessed!   In the wake of Superstorm Sandy, I am particularly grateful for my necessities.  Just having a roof over my head and electricity is phenomenal!  I LOVE electricity!  Love it!!! 

I could go on and on about all the blessings God has heaped upon my family, but it would be a never ending list!  So I decided to make a Top Ten list of things I am thankful for this year!

10.  Watching Old Episodes on Netflix of Saturday Night Live (Spartan Spirit!!)

9.    That Elijah has learned and FORGOTTEN the phrase "Here, pull my finger!"

8.    That Tessa goes immediately back to sleep after throwing up in the middle of the night!  After being cleaned up, of course!!

7.    That I have managed (mostly) to not scream like a woman possessed when Ava employs the "body bump" during moments of tantruming...

6.     Levi sleeping through the night....AGAIN!!!  Wooo!  Woooo!!

5.     Skinny Cow!  All things skinny cow!!

4.     DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET Coke..."girl you know it's true....oooh oooh oooh, I love you." 

3.     Facebook:  Trauma, Drama and more!  But seriously, I love keeping in touch with my friends and family on it!!

2.     A cell phone that answers phone calls from my sister and sends back an automated text that says "I'm driving right now!"  Yes- that really happened!

1.     The fact that my children aren't scarred for life, especially on days when I try to put Levi's pacifier in Tessa's mouth, put the milk in the pantry and then laugh like an idiot when I realize how scattered I've become!!

I pray that you have as  many fun an crazy things to be thankful for this year!  And always keep the faith...because God has big plans for you friends!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment