Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, New You?

Time is zooming by...January 9th.  The whole year is going to fly by...

In 17 days my baby turns 7.  7!!!  And my actual chronological baby is 17 months old today!

So far in 2013 the following things have happened in my life:

I got sick. 

Well, that sums that up.

Hahaha. 

I don't really get into the whole New Year Resolution thing, because I think ANY time is a good time to make a change or try and do better at something that you already do. 

However, I do believe in setting goals for oneself.  I have a few goals I feel necessary to put on paper. 

1.) I want my faith to grow abundantly and that requires discipline on my part.  Being faithful to my devotions.

2.) I will not let myself do retail therapy (which is odd anyway because I don't really enjoy shopping)

3.) I will continue on my quest to a healthier me.  My first main goal is running the Color Me Rad 5k in April.  And a year long goal for me would be to weigh 75 lbs less than I do now. 

4.)  I want to work at being a Proverbs 31 wife.  I have an amazing husband.  And he is soooo good at being married.  I want to be as good at being married as he is...

5.)  I want to be a better mom.  I can always do better.  I love my children.  My goal is to be less reactionary.  They can get some REALLY good reactions out of me!! 

6.)  I vow to be better at saving. 

7.)  I want to buy more produce that is locally grown.

8.)  I plan to buy more things that say "MADE IN AMERICA"

9.) I want to save money for a real vacation.

10.) I promise to set my cell phone down and really focus on the world (and people) around me!

So, what are your 2013 goals?  I really want to know!  I need accountability and I am sure other people do too?  RIGHT??? 









No comments:

Post a Comment