Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Never Grow Up!

My girls love Taylor Swift! LOVE HER!  Much like most young girls in America!  Ava has a little Princess CD player in her room and she requested to listen to a Taylor in her room tonight.  Then she asked me to sit with her for a while, so I did.  And she LOVES the song "Never Grow Up." 

It's such a sweet moment to listen to your baby sing the words:
Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
 
*cry*  So sweet.  So poignant.  So true.
 
There are days when I pray for Jason to get home at night!  Days I feel so frustrated and pushed past my limit.  Days where NOTHING will satisfy my children.  It's too hot, it's too cold!  Ava is looking at me!  Ava's NOT looking at me.  Tessa won't play with me.  Tessa won't stop playing with my stuff.  Elijah is being too loud.  Elijah won't talk to me. And so on and so forth. 
 
And then, I listen to this song and I hear this line:
 
"I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone"
 
And while in the song it is a line from the child realizing that she'll one day have a life totally different than the one she knows, this is true for me too.  This crazy, hectic, frustrating, exhilarating, fun, messy, chaotic, joyful time in my life is really just a blink of an eye.  I hope on the days I am overwhelmed, I can remember this!  I mean, how blessed am I????
 
 
 
Here's a link to the song for anyone who'd like to hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment