Friday, July 12, 2013

Rest Assured

I have been slacking lately.  Not sure why.  I just haven't been motivated to write.  So today, I thought I would share my devotional journal entry.  Maybe it will  mean something important to someone out there. 

 

S: Isaiah 12:1-2
In that day you will say:
“I will praise you, LORD.
Although you were angry with me,
... your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
2 Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense;
     he has become my salvation.”
O: Yes, we have angered God and been disciplined by him. His anger has been turned away by Jesus' crucifixion. Therefore, He is our salvation.
A: I need to learn the 2nd part of verse 2. "I will trust and not be afraid...the Lord is my strength and my song." People often tell me after hearing my testimony "you're so strong" "I couldn't have survived that" etc. The truth is, I didn't. I didn't do it on my own. God granted me supernatural power, strength, and perseverance. And he place wonderful counselors, friends and family in my path.
P: Father,
I believe in miracles. I live with one every single day. I believe in your mighty strength. I'm sorry that I make you small enough to fit into my understanding. I limit you in my own ability to understand. Lord, let me be brave and courageous and know your power, grace, and love are beyond my comprehension. Let me be humble and full of Thanksgiving for all you have blessed me with in my life. Please allow my blind eyes to be opened to see that you care about every single detail of my life and not just the big stuff. Surely, God, you are my salvation. I want to trust and not be afraid. Help me to bless others today, tomorrow and always for your glory, not my own. Amen

 
 

1 comment:

  1. awesome. you should submit this to a newspaper/magazine for a regular input.

    ReplyDelete