Thursday, January 23, 2014

Time of your life

It's that time of my life again.

We have started chatting with our detailer.  The man who holds the next 3.5 years of our lives.  Nothing brings me more excitement, or terror.  Joy or disappointment.  STRESS!

I like to plan.  I like lists.  I like knowing.  This game we play of "go there, don't go there" gets old fast.  Our first look came up and suffice it to say, we said no to Japan, no to Germany.  Those were our choices.  We've been told that there are two combat camera positions coming up in San Diego.  We've asked and Jason's outgoing command has asked, for us to have special consideration since we are leaving shore duty 8 months early.  The detailer has told us that San Diego should be no problem, but no written orders = a nervous, uncertain Trish. 

My hearts desire is San Diego.  Yes, I would love to be closer to my family, but there is no sea duty that would fulfill that, and San Diego, well, it feels like home. 

I don't know where we'll end up.  Certainly wherever God has plans for us.  I sure hope His will and my will are the same on this!

At any rate, we're on our last winter here and I am so thankful.  I am not made for cold.  I am thankful for all the wonderful people our lives have intertwined with since arriving here, and as is the case everywhere we go, I will be sad to leave them behind.  On the positive side of that token, Jason and I have been blessed and have friends almost anywhere we want to visit...and some in places we don't want to visit! 

Every time we gear up for this transition in our lives, this song pops into my mind:

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.

It just encompasses all the emotions that I can feel.  In all the good, the bad, the crazy, the hectic, the sadness, I always have the time of my life, with the people in my life because God has blessed me with this life and it's always worth the while.


No comments:

Post a Comment