Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wild Women of Faith

I went to Women of Faith this weekend in Hartford.  It was amazing, it was enlightening, it was FUN!  I laughed and I cried and I laughed and I cried. 

The speakers this weekend were Sheila Walsh, Lisa Harper, Angie Smith, and Liz Curtis Higgs.  They also featured Mark Lowry (absolutely hysterical!) and Stovall Weems.  I got to see a concert by Third Day! 

A small group shot o top, and one of Angie Smith and I:



The weekend was full of Revelation for me.  I could probably go on and on for hours about it.  I'll spare you and hit the highlights! 

1) YOU were created by God FOR God's pleasure.  You exist simply because you please God.  He made you because you bring him joy.

2) Doubt is an emotion, Believing is a choice.

3) God hears.  God answers.  The space in between is God's time.

4) Strive to look like God, not like God's people.

5) Guilt tells us we did something wrong, shame tells us we ARE something wrong.

6) I'm not unwilling, I just don't know how.

7) Be thankful for what you have, it will become what you want!

8) Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”  The Greek word for lost used here is Apollymi.  It means "ruined, broken beyond repair"  Jesus came for us in our mess!

9)  Our job/finances/life circumstance do not define our core identity.  Our identity is in Christ alone.

10)  God loves the impossible!  Try him, you'll like him!

I hope that these 10 highlights can help you!  I hope you bring them close to you and hold onto the knowledge of being a beloved child of God. 

I am ending with a video that we watched at Women of Faith.  I hope it amazes you and moves you as it did me.  He is risen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9RMWFzVLaQ

2 comments: