Thursday, November 7, 2013

Some challenge results!

This blog isn't going to blow your mind or anything, but I did say I would let you know how it worked out for us! 

Levi was not a participant in case you were wondering.  We did however, ask that after we all had described ourselves to say 3 things that described each family member.  And across the board, we were all better at describing each other than ourselves. And nicer. 

Ava saw herself as:
Funny
Crazy (a friend of hers at school calls her crazy lady)
A little bit shy
Sometimes sad, mad or frustrated
She knows something very important:  God always loves her no matter what mood she is in!
She's good at: soccer, basketball, baseball and gymnastics.

She was described as:
A big sister (Elijah)
Friendly, happy, kind and loving (Tessa)
Sweet, loves to read, loves Jesus (mom)
Sweet, loving and caring heart, talented and clever (dad)

Tessa saw herself as:
A blonde with brown eyes
Good at ballet
Happy
Laughs a lot
believes in God
Likes unicorns
And my favorite thing she said:  I like the way I'm made!! (Could we all say this???  What a wonderful world that would be!!)

We described her as:
Little (Elijah)
Funny, exciting, and a very good sister (Ava)
Soft voiced, emotional, sings to her own tune and stubborn (dad)
Silly, friendly, fun, likes to Hug (mom)

Elijah saw himself as:
Good at soccer, well, all sports really (his words y'all)
Goofy
Strong

We described him as:
Goofy, sweet natured, sensitive (mom)
Amazing, talented, emotional (dad)
Happy, kind, loving (Tessa)
Crazy, super and a good brother (Ava)

We all described Levi:

Funny, gross, and he likes to scream a lot (Ava)
A baby (Elijah)
I love my baby brother, he screams a lot.  I like the way he smiles.  (Tessa)
Lights up a room with his smile, screams a lot, loves his daddy (Dad)
Silly, 2 years old (that means a lot) and sweet. (Mom)

Jason and I made our own lists, which I will share some of, but my main goal yesterday was to see what words I had used on my kids.  I am eternally grateful that it seems despite my human nature, my children are happy and well adjusted and apparently do not see me as a dictator.  Phew.  Relief! 

My list:
Funny
Critical
Moody
Friendly
Outgoing
Fat
Opinionated
A Christian
A mom
a wife
a sister
a confidante
spoiled (but not rotten)
Hard to please
unworthy
a good cook
a scaredy cat
like to be right
easy to anger
Bossy
Fun
stubborn

I was described as:
Having negative self image, loves her family, has creative and fun ideas to bring our family together, and sweats the small stuff (Jason)
Best mom ever (Elijah)
Nice, She loves me, I love her (Tessa)
Loving, caring and good looking (Ava)

Jason's list:
A Father
A son
A Sailor
People Pleaser
Jokester (who doesn't know when to quit)
Likes to build things
Strives to be a better parent
A fixer
A know it all

We described him as:
Loving, Caring, and silly (Ava) <---- obviously knows her good looks are from mom.  HAHA
Best dad ever (Elijah)
I like him, he's kind and loving (Tessa)
Sensitive, Loving, Moody (Trish)

The kids got it and yet didn't at the same time.  I am so thankful that they are happy to be who they are and I am going to try and support that as much as I humanly can as they grow.  God will use them and their unique personalities and talents in great ways!    I love how kids see the best in people and are willing to forget the worst of our personalities.  God's gift to parents everywhere!! 

Over the next month or so, I am really going to look at my list and see what I find to be true, what I find to be false and what I find I want to change.  It's going to be hard, enlightening and freeing.  Hope you all had luck with your lists!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment