Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston, Believe!

As I sat down tonight to attend to my blog, I can't help but weep for the senseless tragedy that occurred in Boston today.  Patriot's Day.  Please join me in my prayer for Boston.

Heavenly Father,

Today, we are a nation who feels wounded.  We feel violated.  We feel angry.  We feel disbelief.  How can this be happening?  Lord, I understand we may never understand why this happened.  And even if we could, it changes our feelings none.  It changes this day not one bit.  Families destroyed by a cowardly act.  I pray that you "Arise, Lord, in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies. Awake, my God; decree justice." (psalm7:6) I long for the return of our Nation to be a Nation that believes in your mighty power.  I pray for the families so intimately touched and changed by this.  Please grant your Peace that passes ALL understanding to our fellow countrymen.  Grant them self control, patience, love, joy, kindness and goodness.  Most of all Lord, I pray you grant them Belief!  Believe Boston!  Your God is mighty and He is for you. 

You God are Good, when there is nothing good in this world! In your Holy Name, I ask for these things Father. 

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN,
    I love how much you able to invoke the spirit within all of us. You motivate me to be stronger, think harder and love more fully than I ever would have challenged myself to before.
    Great words my love.

    ReplyDelete