Monday, April 30, 2012

It's so hard to say goodbye

Le Sigh.  It has officially begun. 

We had our initial move out inspection this morning.  We vacate our home in less than 2 weeks.  All these months of waiting and now it's here.  I'm so torn.  Part of me is ready for our next Perry Family adventure and a larger part of me wants to stay right here and stay with my friends, my church, my life in San Diego.  I am comfortable here.  I know my "role" in this place. 

Now it's time to move on and see what else God has in store for us.  And it is SCARY and exciting all at the same time.  I can't tell you how many people have told me recently that I am lucky because I am so friendly and outgoing and make friends quickly...and while that is partially true, it's still incredibly hard to do. 

I just want to pack Cassondra, Corrie, Carolyn (WOW- I must like "C" people) Shelly...and a few other gals in my suitcase.  They are not just my friends, they are my military family.  And I will miss them.  I thank God for Facebook, email, smart phones...all the technology we have is great, but it just isn't the same as giving them a hug or having them over for dinner.

FYI ladies, I am making your summer vacation plans for you next year.  Just sayin'!!

The next 14 days are going to FLY by.  I am not currently accepting Goodbyes.  I will start accepting applications for tearful goodbyes on May 12th at 7 pm PST. 

And then you will all get to see HUGE ugly face, honking, dripping nose crying from me.  Probably. 


"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord.  "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment