Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sad little short timer...

It's been a while.  How does life get so busy?

Let's see, I went to VEGAS BABY!  And I lost big.  I lost a whole $2 on the penny slots.  LOL.  I did that so I could say I gambled in Vegas.  Otherwise, I ate food with friends, hung out with friends, got a massage, read most of a book and had a Margarita at Margaritaville.  Giggled for HOURS with some great friends and bought 3 new pairs of shoes. 

Came home, had 2 Scentsy parties, and planned the twins 4th birthday party!  It was fun and insane!  Lots of kiddos were here.  It was a fantastic day. 

Now onward.  It is fast approaching D-day.  That would be departure day.  From San Diego.  And some really awesome friends.  A fantastic church.  Beautiful weather.  23 days left in this gloriously awesome place.  I really love it here. 

I have grown so much as a mother, wife, and Christian.  I know that God has a plan for us, but man, in my mind, I would be staying in California where I have friends and a life and a schedule.  And an awesome church. 

I'm a friendly person.  I make "friends" easily enough, but I want to stay with the ones I have.  Even for someone as friendly as I am, starting over is hard.  I miss the ones I leave behind.  I don't want to just become some one's Facebook Acquaintance.  Le sigh. 

I am trying so hard to be positive.  I know without a doubt I will make great friends there, and it will be AMAZING to live near family.  I plan on driving Alicia Perry absolutely crazy with my proximity!  LOL.  She'll be wishing I was back in California before too long! 

It's just coming on to the end of an era and I am having a hard time letting go.  I love the place I am in....but I have faith that God has something greater for me, for us.  Just keep us all in your prayers.  We're gonna need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment