Thursday, August 30, 2012

It can NOT be November 7th fast enough to suit my needs.

Politics. Politics. Politics.  UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

Ok, look I do believe that people should be informed, involved and VOTE in this country.

What I am tired of is a media that is biased and promoting their own agenda.  I am tired of the mudslinging...and it is just getting worse! 

Please.  PLEASE just tell me what you are going to do and then if you get elected TRY and show us you are trying to do just that. 

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have,” said President Gerald Ford.

And honestly, I think we are just getting too big.  We are looking to our government to provide for us, when that's not who should be doing it.  We should look to God, to ourselves, and to our neighbors.  It kills me that people don't want help from their neighbors, but are willing to take help from the government.  And don't get me wrong- there is nothing wrong with help from anyone, but the problem is people are starting to look to the government and it's assistance as an ENTITLEMENT.  Oh no.  Not good.  Not good at all. 

I was reading online about Christians and voting, I came across this article and if you have time, you should read it.  http://www.perrynoble.com/2006/08/29/jesus-the-bible-and-politics/

Of course for me, as a bible believing Christian (who messes up in multiple ways EVERY day) I looked for some biblical guidance.  I used the Message translation as I feel it is the most easily understood in particular to our society and government.  The two I found are below:

1-3Be a good citizen. All governments are under God. Insofar as there is peace and order, it's God's order. So live responsibly as a citizen. If you're irresponsible to the state, then you're irresponsible with God, and God will hold you responsible. Duly constituted authorities are only a threat if you're trying to get by with something. Decent citizens should have nothing to fear.  Romans 13: 1

Hmmmm.  Authorities are only a threat if you are trying to get by with something....ponder it people.

1 Peter 2:13-15

The Message (MSG)
13-17Make the Master proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level; they are God's emissaries for keeping order. It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of the fools who think you're a danger to society. Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.

I think it is important here to remember that even though we may think "How could God allow this to happen?  This person to be elected? etc It is part of God's plan.  And we need to be on our knees praying.  Asking God to show us who he wants us to vote for...Because the reality is, we are a nation that is allowing God to be edged out and then we cry outrage at the state of our country.  Ask God, he's got all the facts!!

And please, please, please VOTE on November 6th!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I totally agree and am voting.....go Mitt!! Lol there's my plug

    ReplyDelete