Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's all good!

So.  My morning started at 6 am, not really that early in the scheme of things, but oh how I did NOT sleep last night.  Up every hour.  It was fabulous!  For the record, my kids all slept all through the night. By 0628 Ava, Levi and I are downstairs watching Food Network.  Don't judge me.  LOL!  It was a blown sugar spectacular!  Anywho, I digress.  By 0645, Tessa and Elijah are downstairs with their own special brand of special morning whine.  Sweeeeeeeeeeet-ah.  Not so much.  Out of the house by 0710, picked up Peyton and dropped Ava and Peyton off to kindy.  Tess and Elijah off to preschool.  My life is glamorous.

Today was a half day at Ava's school and they sell ice cream as a fundraiser.  By the end of it all, I ended up with some nasty bubble gum ice cream, Elijah had Tessa's and Tessa had mine.  It was sad.  But an ultimate example of mommy hood.  I cheerfully gave Tessa my ice cream and inwardly I was throwing a tantrum "BUT THAT WAS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE."    If you care, I tossed the horrid blue bubblegum stuff.  NO way was that actual ice cream.  EEEEEW.

Hung out with my awesome buddy Cassondra this afternoon, she's been out of town waaaaaaaay too long.  And Cheyenne (her daughter) brought my poor, traumatized, "Ihaveholesinallofmyjeans" Ava a bunch of new (to us!) jeans (no holes!) and some cool shirts.  It's so nice to have friends just ahead of us with kids, so we can get good hand me downs.  I can't wait until we're in a place to do that...hopefully we can keep some clothes from holes and stains. 

And an ultimate highlight of my day.  My neighbor, who for now shall remain anonymous (just in case this would embarrass her) came over and she said some very nice things to me.  One, she said that she loved reading my Facebook posts, because I inspired her!  (All this time and I find out people really do read my random statuses LOL, they are more to make me feel sane than anything.) And then she asked me "You know how sometimes you just meet someone in life and you want to be like them?"  And I said yes, cause a few women came to mind immediately.  But then she said "I want to be like you."  I was floored.  Really?  I didn't know that there would ever be a day that I would be someone that someone else wanted to be like...I'm just so ordinary.  I wake up tired in the morning, lose my temper at least once with my kids on a fairly regular basis and come off meaner than I want, I make dinner and breakfast, sometimes lunch, I clean, do dishes, laundry BLAH BLAH BLAH.  Yet somehow, somewhere in the midst of all my chaos, someone sees me as someone to aspire to...Wow.  It's the ultimate compliment.

It made me realize that people see us, really see us.  And we have the ability to brighten or darken someones day based on our attitude and core personality.  And people can love us and admire us, even in the midst of our mess.   Powerful stuff.  Makes me want to be  more aware on a daily basis of my actions. 

Let me ask you, what will you do today to inspire someone?  

3 comments:

  1. Aww that was the sweetest thing ever!! It must have felt great! Kinda choked me up reading that! Hope you get sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish - there are many of us who are often inspired by you. I have said it before, I will say it again, I consider myself very blessed to have had the luck to cross paths with you in my life. You are an amazing person - no matter what role you are playing in someone's life (Mother, daughter, sister, friend, the list goes on and on) you do it with so much kindness, love, humour, and faith that we are all truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete