Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today is her birthday

By the time I post this, it will be the 26th on the east coast.  LOL.  I'm doing my sweet baby's birthday post now, cause tomorrow we will be partying!  Like we're 6. 

As I reflect on the last 6 years, I realize, I don't really remember before then...what exactly did I do before I had kids?  That's a whole other post though.

So, my sweet Baby Ava Keilani will be 6 years old at 6:10 am CST.  Now, most of you know, she was due May 5th and came January 26th.  A little eager to take on this world.  She was small and MIGHTY!  She came via emergency c-section as her placenta had ruptured.  She was born 7 minutes after they called the OR time (I was still awake for that)  She weighed in at a whopping 1 lb 11 ozs and 13.5 inches.  She is my personal miracle.  After 3 months in the NICU, she came home and it was scary and awesome all at once! 

We have had plenty of scares including her neurosurgery at 15 months... but she's really amazing.  She is 100% caught up to her age group, bright, loving and so sweet natured.  There are just so many things to love about her.  She's such a nurturer.  The biggest helper with Levi and the twins.  Tonight as I was tucking her into bed, I said "Ava, this is the last night you will ever go to bed as a 5 year old.  How awesome is that?"  Her reply:  "Mom- are you gonna cry?"  LOL. 

I love my baby girl.  Everyday she makes me smile.  Every. Single. Day. 

So tell me, what's your favorite thing about Ava?

4 comments:

  1. I love that Ava is sweet, and loving, and kindhearted. She is a great friend to my boys and I do believe one of my boys might have a little crush on her, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Ava! Congrats, Trish, on raising a beautiful little girl. <3

    http://bestdressedinthenest.tumblr.com/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/RobynsNestBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing about Ava? Is she loves me! I miss that sweet girl! Always had a hug, and a secret for Ms. Erin. She is the best. Happy Birthday sweet girl! You are so loved! More than you know!! God has BIG PLANS for you my sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know Ava as we don't run in the same age circles at church, I'm more the 3mth to 3yr kinda gal but everytime I see her in the halls of chruch or outside when you guys are checking in she has this peace about her. Calm might even be the right word. Some would call her an old soul like she's been here before. Congratulations on turning 6 Ava and I hope you have a wonderful day partying with your wonderful family. xxx

    ReplyDelete