Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Love without end

I know I say this all the time.  But, I feel like I can NOT say  it enough. 

HEY WORLD!  I have the most amazing friends and family...EVER! 

It's true, no need to fight it. 

We have our share of dysfunction.  We occasionally do weird and/or annoying things.  Sometimes we disappoint each other.  In the end though, I know that my family and friends have my back.  And isn't that what our life is really about?  Loving people.  When we show love to people, we let our "God"ness shine through.  We need to remember that we need to show love to our enemies too.  Slightly harder that is...

I include random road rage in the enemy category.  LOL!!  But you know, as a whole, I think we often time treat total strangers better than we treat our families.  Sad, but true.  And I am oh so guilty of this.  Snapping "what?"  at my kids when they have said MOOOOOO-OOOOOO-OOOOOM! for the billionth time that day or rolling my eyes when my "really-is-too-good-to-be-true" husband starts telling me something about his solar bike car...again. 

I have it good, ladies and gentleman, I have it real good. 

My church's mission statement is :

"In a City, Loving a City, Impacting a city for Jesus"

Let's start our goal at home: In a family, loving a family, impacting a family for Jesus.  And then do it for our neighborhood, our kids school, our city,  our country, our world.  God math people.  He can use us in ways we could never imagine.  Never. 

I know some of you aren't Christ Followers and that's ok, one of these days I'm gonna say something that makes you think, "I wonder if Trisha is right"  That's all it takes.  God will do the rest my friends. 

I'm trying super hard to live a life that doesn't give anyone pause to say "She's a hypocrite"  I've said it before and I know I will say it again...being a Christian doesn't make me better, it makes me washed clean of my sins...which I happen to do everyday in one way or another.  I mean, aside from being human, My name is also Trisha, Hi, have you met me?  LOL. 

The good news is that God loves me.  He sees me as I SHOULD be, not as I AM.  He always sees my potential.  He knows my heart. 

This reminds me of an old George Strait song "A love without End Amen"

"Last night I dreamed I died and stood outside those pearly gates.
When suddenly I realized there must be some mistake.
If they know half the things I've done, they'll never let me in.
And then somewhere from the other side I heard these words again.

And he said, "Let me tell you a secret about a father's love,
A secret that my daddy said was just between us."
He said, "Daddies don't just love their children every now and then.
It's a love without end, amen, it's a love without end, amen."


His fatherly love is PERFECT.  Never changing, never failing.  Aren't we thrilled about that??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFJWPk00x8

No comments:

Post a Comment