Thursday, March 1, 2012

New England Bound!

Hello world.  Did you think I forgot about my blog?  I didn't.  Just been busy and tired,and so have chosen bed over computer.  LOL. 

Couple of new things in our lives.
1) We are moving to Groton, Connecticut in July. 
2) We bought a new vehicle
3) I miss Beckah and since she's been extended, I won't get to see her before we move.  :biguglycry:

Let's talk Connecticut.  I'm not even sure I am spelling it right, but spell check will take care of it.  I am excited and sad all at the same time.  Sad to be leaving behind my amazing friends in San Diego.  Sad to be leaving my church, Newbreak.  Sad to be leaving this glorious weather. 

Excited to be 1 hour and 18 minutes (according to mapquest) from Mike, Alicia and Jacob Perry.  And within actual driving distance of the rest of the Perry Clan.  Excited and nervous to find a new home, schools for the kids, and finding my way around a new place.  Sams?  Costco?  No?  I think it's BJ's there!  LOL.  Just lots of new things to discover and Oh, yes, I WILL be eating at Mystic pizza.  If Mystic Pizza means nothing to you, google it and you're too young.  HAHAHA.  I love that my kids are going to be closer to their cousins and have the opportunity to "grow up" with them!!

We'll be driving cross country in late June/early July.  In my mind, we'll drive up the 15 N, check out the Porsche Factory (you ARE welcome Jason), hit Vegas and hang with the very FABULOUS Natalie, Shenay and Kahea Clans.  Mosey from there to???  Stop in Missouri for the 4th of July, hit some friends in Indiana and Ohio...We'll see how it actually works out though.

And speaking of driving, we'll be doing it in our new 2011 Nissan Pathfinder.  It's the first new car I have ever owned...and if I am being honest, I miss my Expedition.  I just LOVED the space it gave us with all of our car seats, BUT the gas money we'll save sure will be nice.  And I love having a car under warranty and the nice bells and whistles I got in the trade.  The Pathfinder is very nice and I know once I adjust to a smaller vehicle I will totally love it.  I have fancy gadgetry up front and a nice rear back up camera. 

Moving on to item number three...I am so bummed I will not be at Beckah's homecoming.  This was going to be the one I actually remembered to take the camera to...LOL!!  Maybe I should just move with her beautiful big screen TV and kayak, so I can hold them hostage and she must come see me ASAP (after she gets to port in the good old US of A)  Anyway, in my mind Beckah will get the orders to Connecticut that she wants and I really want!!

Oh, Life.  It happens.  Sometimes slowly and sometimes at the speed of light.   I can't wait to see what the next chapter brings.

OH and for the record.  I spelled Connecticut properly!  Maybe I can be a New Englander...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're coming my way. No worries, I'll help you find your way around, and I'll try to help you find a new church, too. I hope that you have a smooth transition, and I can't wait to meet all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to a podcast called Manic Mommies. They always talk about shopping at BJs. They both lived in Ashland MA, but now one of them has moved to Rochester NY. They also talk about Wegman's which sounds like a super awesome, but super expensive grocery store.

    Hoping to catch up with you while you are in MO!

    ReplyDelete