Saturday, March 3, 2012

Merry-Go-Round

Life is like a merry-go-round.  Sometimes fun, sometimes scary, sometimes white-knuckle-gripping and sometimes straight up sickening.  I think this week has had them all.  And I am spent. 

Psalm 55:22 is my confirmation verse.  I picked out when I was 12 years old...it was definitely a God thing that I happened to pick it.  Here it is:

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."  Now I put here in the King James Version because that is how I learned it, but here it is in The Message translation: "Pile your troubles on God's shoulders-he'll carry your load, he'll help you out. He'll never let good people topple into ruin."

I have been a-piling on God's shoulders this week.  Well, this LIFE.  I'm tired.  Mentally, physically and even spiritually at times.  And I am tired of BEING tired.   I've been assured by my Aunt Stacey that this phase of parenting does, indeed, end.  Even though it feels like it will last FOREVER!!

I love my kids.  But I have to figure out a way to recharge or I am doing them, my husband, and myself a disservice.  But how do I do it?  I don't even know what would recharge me.  I always have to be a "go."  No sick days, no sleeping in, no "I don't feel like its."  No making plans without placing their needs and schedules above my own.  So even getting some alone time scheduled is a chore.  And with our tight budget, no excess money either. 

I think I am just stressed.  So much going on.  Jason leaves in April for an 8 week school, then comes back to Cali, where we pack up our house again.  And then start our cross country adventure.  Both exciting and stressful.             

I'm just praying I get off the Merry Go Round and recharged before it all starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment