Friday, July 27, 2012

Pack Mentality...in a good way.

I don't know about you, but I was made to run in a pack.  I long to be a part of something greater than myself.  I need the socialization I get from being in a pack.  The encouragement, discipline, TRUTH, fun and everything else that comes along with being in a pack.

I am lucky and come from a great pack.  My family is awesome and I am lucky to have them.  My sisters are fantastic and my brother likes me (ha, that's a good thing!) My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are phenomenal.  Yeah, we have our issues.  But we choose to love anyway.

Having said that, I was actually thinking more tonight of my "herd" if you will.  I love Ice Age.  I love ALL of the Ice Age movies.  I haven't seen Continental Drift, so no spoilers please!! 

What I love most about Ice Age is that they create their own herd when time, space etc separate them from their pack of origin, again, if you will. 

I was sitting here thinking of how some of the people I know tend to be quite content without having a good girlfriend to laugh with, chat with, be silly with etc.  Only having acquaintances for the occasional play date etc and I realized with 100% clarity that I will  never fit that mold. 

Don't get me wrong, my husband and children need to be tended to first, but I also need the rest and rejuvenation only a good girlfriend night out can give...even if it's kids in bed and Scattergories on the kitchen table. 

Anyway, I just wanted to salute my herd.  Thank you Beth Hart, Cassondra Harris, Corrie Alcaraz, and Beckah Carr.  One is my original herder.  HA.  And two are my California herd, one part of California, but also herd by marriage!!  But what I know is that my California herd is definitely like my original friend herd.  Meant to go the distance, through time and space.  I miss you guys.  I love you guys.  And I am so thankful that my pack of origin and my herd of  hilarious friends are so awesome. 

This is not to leave out my other "herderettes:"  Jeniece Wiessner, Shelly Schrimpf, Chantel Seas, Aubrey Racey, Carly Kerr, Erin Harding, and Karen Cole.

And of course, special shout out to my Ohio Herders, Heather Koon and Mindy Braumiller. 

And as Sid would say: "You're hanging out with me now, pal. Dignity has nothing to do with it."

I loooooooove you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I herd that...loud and clear.
    It had to be done...I would like to thank God, the academy, my teachers and of course my friends and family...

    ReplyDelete